[SECC] consider this

Rick Dougherty NQ4I nq4i at contesting.com
Sat Jun 13 09:22:13 EDT 2020

Hello Richard...maybe I should just withdraw? I have been a ham since March
1961...I have gone thru the controversial period of Silly Side Band vs AM
from 1959 to 1967...then in 1971 the Arrl convinced the FCC to go to
incentive licensing..it took me 9 years to get over that fiasco...and as an
avid contestor in 2001 I initiated the attempt to get the rules in the
major DX contest changed so that everybody could compete on an even
footing....didn't happen but is has been around until lately...so looking
back Ham radio has a number of controversial subjects and I have
participated in them all...so when the FT8 monkey business reared its head,
naturally I have an opinion...I suggest to make in this controversial
hobby, learn to hit the "Delete" button if it is a topic that you don't
want to participate in...I have for years had an ongoing hot-cold
relationship with my friend Jeff KU8E...we have had a number of of
disagreements online and off line, but still we are friends...and I am sure
we will continue in our healthful discussions..so put on your "big boy
pants" and roll with the rest of us...or DELETE what you don't care to
discuss. Simple. This is the most discussion on this reflector in the past
6 months..let's liven things up?

73 de Rick NQ4I