[SECC] WN4AFP - 2020 FIELD DAY

Dave Edmonds dave at pkministrywebs.com
Sun Jun 28 22:51:33 EDT 2020

  903:
  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
----------------------------
Total:  484     40      0  Total Score = 2,016

Club:

Comments:

This FD almost felt like a contest :):). I wasn't able to participate with
the
Greer Amateur Radio Club K4SV at the Field Day site this year, but I was
excited
to have the opportunity to contribute to the club as a "1D" station.
With that in mind, I set a goal for 500 Qs and actually made 524. It was
fun to
receive credit for working other 1D stations too.

At 17:45 on Saturday, I turned on the rig and I thought that my antenna was
disconnected or was in trouble. The bands were almost lifeless. Sigs began
show up at 1800z, but still not at the usual level. Around 6-7 pm, the bands
sounded normal again. Maybe the Sahara dust was messing with us. On Sunday,
got on late, but I enjoyed the excellent 15m and 10m openings. My best hour
was
57 Qs and 10 mins was 78.

I hope that we can play by these rules in the future. I'm sure that the
non-D
stations were thrilled with the unusually high activity. Let's do it again
next
year.

Go GARC!
Dave WN4AFP