[SECC] KB4KBS: CQWW WPX CW

Scott Straw kb4kbs at gmail.com
Sun May 31 20:42:51 EDT 2020

           7      74     236   65   3.2
          14     123     258  109   2.1
          21      60      83   41   1.4
          28      19      20   12   1.1
       Total     326     703  264   2.2
            Score : 185,592

Total Time Off 27:24  (1644 mins)
Total Time On  20:36  (1236 mins)

Started out thinking I would just cherry-pick a few needed countries for
80M DXCC ( I only need about a half dozen), but got sucked in.  Worked
until 3AM then some more on Saturday; quit when I hit 200 Qs and 100K
points.  Sunday morning I tried to resist but "the force was strong with
this one" and I got sucked back in for another 100 Qs.  I probably could
have made it to 200K points if I had been serious, but spent the last hours
only working mults that were low hanging fruit.

Used a stand-by Win7 OS machine that is pretty clean because the primary
machine seems to have an unacceptable lag between when I press a F-key and
when the rig keys up.  The alternate machine was up to the task and only
had one issue on Saturday when I was on 20M and the computer kept "losing"
the devices on the com ports - mainly the CAT interface.  I added some
ferrites to the RS-232 cable to the rig, and also to the cable from the
laptop to the powered external USB hub.  That seems to have done the trick.
(Thank you for the gift W4QO!)
I will transition back to the primary machine this week and see if
everything remains stable.

Station:
Yaesu FT-540D
MORTTY CW Keyer
MFJ-939 Tuner
G5RV @ 9M AGL
N1MM+ Logger & DXLabs Commander for Rig Control Assistance

Scott Straw
KB4KBS
Roswell, Georgia USA
North Fulton Amateur Radio League