[SECC] Fwd: [3830] CQ WW RTTY AA4LR SOAB LP

Bill Coleman aa4lr at arrl.net
Mon Nov 9 20:15:01 EST 2020

                   CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY - 2020

Call: AA4LR
Operator(s): AA4LR
Station: AA4LR

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Georgia
Operating Time (hrs): 6

  80:   13      10       2     4
  40:   25      11       7     7
  20:   65      18      19     8
  15:    2       0       2     2
  10:
-----------------------------------
Total:  105      39      30    21  Total Score = 17,910

Antennas:
80/40/20m trap dipole 10m high

Equipment:
Elecraft K3/100+2*KSYN3A w/ KAT3 running 100 watts

Comments:

Had a little time Saturday to hand out some Qs. All S & P operation. There were many operators I called that CQed in my face. Some of those were quite loud.

Antenna situation was a compromise. I've been working to take my A3S/A743 of the tower. It has been up for 19 yeas, and is not working right. At the moment, the rotator has been removed, the antenna has been lowered to top of tower, and the feed line disconnected. I just have to psych myself up to get on top and remove it from the mast.

In the meantime, I built the trap dipole as a good spare antenna, and it seems to work pretty well, even on 15m through the tuner.

Propagation was nothing to scream about. I can't wait for the sunspots to come back.

Bill Coleman, AA4LR, PP-ASEL        Mail: aa4lr at arrl.net
Web: http://boringhamradiopart.blogspot.com
            -- Wilbur Wright, 1901