[SECC] Fwd: [FCG] ON4UN SK

Jeff Clarke ku8e at ku8e.com
Tue Nov 10 15:00:22 EST 2020

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: 	[FCG] ON4UN SK
Date: 	Tue, 10 Nov 2020 14:31:43 -0500
From: 	K2SG Tony <k2sg at comcast.net>
To: 	Florida Contest Group <FCG at groups.io>

Dear amateur radio friends It is with sadness, but also gratitude and
pride, I have to let you know my father John ON4UN, has become silent key.
John’s health has steadily deteriorated throughout the year, but in the
last few weeks he was home with us where he peacefully passed away
yesterday November 9.
Ham Radio, and especially Low Band DX-ing, were my father’s lifelong
passion and always had a strong presence in our house. Sometimes
literally, when many of you paid us a visit or a group of DX’ers came
over for a weekend of contesting. At other times in the background, when
my dad was working on a project or experimenting with new equipment or
antennas.
Though I don’t have a call-sign, I very much feel part of the big radio
family and always will. I am very proud of everything my father has
accomplished together with you, and I am grateful to the many of you who
have given him so much joy over the years. We will miss him dearly, but
we take comfort looking back on the beautiful life he lived as a member
of the wonderful Ham Radio community.
We are planning a digital farewell ceremony on Saturday Nov 21st and
will keep you updated on practicalities. If you would like to send us a
message please mail to ON4UN.SK at gmail.com – John’s old e-mail account is
not in use anymore. In the meantime, you can pay him a visit at QRZ.com
<http://QRZ.com>where he always kept his resume up to date.
Marleen Devoldere
_._,_._,_
_._,_._,_