[SECC] SECC Club Officers - Custodian of Club Call W4AN

John Laney k4bai at att.net
Wed Nov 11 18:17:53 EST 2020

The current SECC officers are President, John, K4BAI; Vice President,
Jim, VE7ZO; Secretary, Chaz, W4GKF; Treasurer Mike, K4LD.

We should have been having annual elections.  We once did and several of
you have served as officers.  I think I recall K4EA was president for
two years.  I think NQ4I was an officer.  I know WW4LL was.  I think
N4GG was an officer.  Anyway, there has been little interest in being an
officer lately and I have simply not called elections.  We have a club
year of July 1 to June 30, I think.  We used to elect officers at an
in-person meeting in conjunction with the Kennehoochee Hamfest or the
Atlanta Hamfest.

I am 78 year old and in good health.  I am still working full time and
playing old men's tennis whenever I can.  I am also the custodian of the
club call, W4AN.

Everyone and every organization needs to do succession planning.
Otherwise, the organization may die with the death or inactivity of the
former leaders.

Jeff, KU8E, who lives in Ellerslie, GA has come forward to say that, if
elected, he would serve as President.  I haven't asked the other
officers, but I think Chaz has his duties down and might continue to
serve.  Perhaps Mike would also, since we have no dues and no treasury
anyway.  I haven't seen or heard from Jim, VE7ZO, in several years, but
assume he still lives in the Atlanta area.  He was a mainstay at multi
ops at NQ4I, operated at least once at WW4LL, and did many FL QSO
Parties with a buddy down there.

Jeff has suggested that I ask the membership if anyone has any
opposition to his taking over as president of SECC.  Jeff is a lot
younger than I am and has some time as he is retired from an IT
position.   So, please let me know if you oppose Jeff's suggestion and
also if you would like to be considered for one of the other offices.
I'll consolidate the replies and coordinate with the other current
officers.

If I step aside as President, I plan to continue to be active and to
encourage contest activity among club members and try to recruit new
members also.

Jeff would also consider becoming the custodian of the club call, W4AN,
and that might be harder to transfer if I am still the custodian when I
pass away.

73, John, K4BAI.