[SECC] Coax replacement

Mike - W5JR w5jr.lists at gmail.com
Thu Nov 12 15:36:17 EST 2020

Speaking of critters chewing coax...

My “wires in the woods” feedlines mosty lay on top of the ground, but under the years of dropped leaves. I began having an issue with a new antenna/feedline install and discovered squirrels had chewed up about a foot of the cable. The two adjacent feedlines were untouched. I cut out the section, installing connectors and a double female. All was good for a month or so. I found a different area chewed this time and repaired it.

Not wanting to repeat this on a regular basis, I went to Googling for a suitable solution for my situation.

Turns out, many of the “newer” cables don’t have PVC outer jackets, but have a Soy based jacket. Well, the critters think that you provided them with a food source.

Be sure to use an appropriate cable for your installation.

tnx
Mike / W5JR
Alpharetta GA