[SECC] Fw: CQWW CW AA5JF SO(A)AB HP

Andrew Goss amgoss05 at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 29 21:45:04 EST 2020

That was fun! Family obligations (plus my Sunday morning run) meant I missed some of the good openings to Europe, but there were so many, it didn't sting too much. Had brief periods of running, but found that moving through the bandmap filling with reverse beacon spots gave me a better rate. Perhaps not the purest form of contesting, but very satisfying. I had hoped to pick up some new ones on 160M, but except for the phenomenal conditions in the last few hours when there were a few stations on, Friday and Saturday night was pretty disappointing. I did work LZ5R , but suspect getting a card might be challenging. Heard EW8R at their sunrise for ten minutes but so did everyone else and didn't get through. Great opening on 20m Sunday night to Asia.
Learned something new about this contest: work as many Canadians as possible!

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

                      CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW - 2020

Call: AA5JF
Operator(s): AA5JF
Station: AA5JF

Class: SO(A)AB HP
QTH: GA
Operating Time (hrs): 27:21

  160:  35    12      19
  80:  89    13      40
  40:  204    22      68
  20:  236    27      72
  15:  270    23      69
  10:  49    13      24
Total:  883  110      292  Total Score = 980,478

Great fun. Wish the 160M conditions in the last few hours would have shown
itself on Friday or Saturday night.