[SECC] 2020 Georgia QSO Party Results

Jeff Clarke ku8e at ku8e.com
Sun Oct 18 23:49:51 EDT 2020

The 2020 Georgia QSO Party results are now published to the GQP webpage
at http://georgiaqsoparty.org/ . Click on the Results tab on the top of
the page. Thanks to everyone for being patient. I'm the only person that
checks logs. We had a record number of 647 logs submitted this year. If
anyone would like to volunteer to help me in the future please email me
directly. I have a MS Windows program that I wrote to do log checking.

That being said we still have some problems with some of the logs that
are being submitted. Please make sure your logging program is up to
date. Check the rules on the GQP webpage which show the proper format of
the Cabrillo file that I'm expecting.  Also, many people are still
submitting logs that list SECC and SEDXC as their club. A friendly
reminder that neither of these two clubs are eligible for the club
competition. In the future think about submitting your log for your
local club.

Moving forward to 2021 I think we can open up the rover category again.
I would also like some feedback if we should keep the W4AN and W4NT
bonus stations for 2021 and in the future. I've also been thinking about
counting multipliers only once instead of per mode. No one has ever come
close to working most of the GA counties on both modes.

Lastly, I would like to talk about the GQP webpage. I've hosted it on my
personal KU8E account on QTH.com since I took over.  I would really like
to have a standalone QTH.com account for the GQP. We could have it
hosted on QTH.com ( https://hosting.qth.com/) for as low as $4.95 per
month. We would also need to pay to renew the domain name every year
which would be around $13 per year. I have a PayPal account for my email
account if you would like to donate to make this happen. I can't pay for
this out of my own pocket.

Jeff KU8E     Georgia QSO Party Director