[SECC] CQ Contest?

ku8e ku8e at ku8e.com
Thu Oct 22 23:22:53 EDT 2020

HalI found out today that Bonaire has opened up to US citizens. John and I were thinking of going on our usual trip. I did some research today. The only problem is the only way to get there is to go through Curacao. Curacao will only let US citizens in from CT, NY, NJ and FL. Plus there are no direct flights from the US to Curacao until November. The one I found is United from EWR on Saturday which wouldn't work for us. I guess our multi-op streak as PJ4A is over. John has the Beloud.us station rented for CQWW CW probably 40 meter single band as PJ4A.  It's going to be a different November for me this year.JeffSent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
-------- Original message --------From: Hal Kennedy <halken at comcast.net> Date: 10/22/20  9:22 PM  (GMT-05:00) To: secc at contesting.com, SEDXC <sedxc at groups.io> Subject: [SECC] CQ Contest? Well, it's a sad evening.  If out on a contest expedition tonight it's always a high intensity time.  CQWW SSB starts tomorrow night.  If not out of the country, then Thursday night is great fun - giving signal reports and working friends in PJ2, PJ4, ZF, C6, TI, etc, etc.  Where are they all this evening?  COVID.  Everybody is home.  Big stations like PJ2T are dark.  Hopefully next year things will be back to normal.  Meanwhile, I guess it's CQ Europe.7Q6M is on 7001 BTW as I type this BTW...73Hal N4GG