[SECC] FW: CQWW SSB W4DD SOSB10 HP

Jeff (W4DD) w4dd09 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 26 09:28:10 EDT 2020

The Good:
Nice to see EU open up for the first time in years.  Looks like the A index
jumped to 13 on Friday night which seems to have helped.
Best DX worked: 7Q, FR, VP8, ZD9
Had a nice PY run on Saturday afternoon.

The Not So Good:
After having no issues with power line noise during the summer, had several
issues pop up in the week before the contest that the power company did not
have time to fix.  Had 2 S units of noise Friday night and Saturday which
put a big damper on the EU run.  Ended up doing S&P.
Thunder storms moved through the area on Saturday PM and so decided to shut
down rather than risk receiver damage.  I've had enough rain coming up from
the gulf to last me several years.  Seems like rain is coming in inches
rather that tenths.
KC4TVZ has a 20-30KHz wide signal that covers up a lot of DX.  Had to work
the KH6 and others through the splatter.