[SECC] Report on K1TO from Dan himself

John Laney k4bai at att.net
Fri Jan 8 18:29:11 EST 2021

To the FCG:

Several have commented on the K1TO status after the August 3rd fall in
middle GA.  “Highlights” include fractured femur in multiple places and
TBI Traumatic Brain Injury.  Wore normal tower belt and hard hat and was
attached fine but the tower itself had zero concrete in the base. This
is an open investigation so I can’t say too much.

Walking - not real close even as we pass the 5-month mark, despite
persistent tries from various Physical Therapists. Some limited progress.

Seeing - mono vision thanks to relocated R eye - zero progress but at
least visual acuity is normal.

R hand - same despite increased tries from Occupational Therapists.
Maybe 65-85% usable but all email and cell phone usage done slower w L
hand only and eating also essentially L handed.  R hand trembles
uncontrollably at times.

Memory - some improvement although mild Aphasia is real.

Tnx to one club member for shuttling me (no walk in the park) and
another for lending his huge support by moving my car to Myakka City.
Although the sleeping and eating were finally fine, the therapy went
close to zero and I'm on the outpatient FL Blue network where it has
ramped up again.

Meanwhile, the folks in GA eliminated the blood thinner and my leg
required an immediate surgery to remove the arterial (not deep vein)
thrombosis.

Missed both modes of CQWW and ARRL 10 for the first time in nearly 50
years.

Finally figured out FQP so 2020 with its 70% increase (!) is being
processed.

Wife has been terrific after not seeing each other in August.  2020 was
quite the year.  Thanks to all for your support.

Dan

P.S. Go ahead and fwd this text to the reflector(s) of your choice.
_._,_._,_
Groups.io Links:

View/Reply Online (#7118) <https://groups.io/g/FCG/message/7118> | Reply
To Sender