[SECC] ARRL Jan VHF NJ8J SO 3Band LP

Ben Coleman nj8j at benshome.net
Sun Jan 17 23:55:02 EST 2021

                     ARRL January VHF Contest - 2021

Call: NJ8J
Operator(s): NJ8J
Station: NJ8J

Class: SO 3Band LP
QTH: GA
Operating Time (hrs): 6

     6:  26     6
     2:
   222:
   432:
   903:
   1.2:
   2.3:
   3.4:
   5.7:
   10G:
   24G:
-------------------
Total:  26     6  Total Score = 182

Icom IC-7300
110 ft OCF doublet fed with ladder-line
Logger: N1MM+

My first VHF contest, now that I have a rig (IC-7300) that will at least
do 6 meters.  Didn't get started until about 2000Z Sunday (NAQP SSB took
precedence Saturday).  Picked up a couple of phone Qs on 50.125, and the
rest was all FT8.  All Qs were pretty much local.

Started out using WSJT-X standalone and then importing the ADIF file
into N1MM+.  In the middle of this, I googled how to set up to run
WSJT-X under N1MM+, and did it, making things a lot easier.  I was
pleasantly surprised to learn that N1MM_will emulate the DXLabs
Commander API, letting WSJT-X talk to N1MM+ for rig control, and N1MM+
talk directly to the rig.  I was wondering how I was going to work this
out otherwise.  This might have implications for my non-contest operating.

Ben
Ben Coleman nj8j at benshome.net
  "I love the way Microsoft follows standards.  In much the
same manner that fish follow migrating caribou."
                                             Paul Tomblin