[SECC] K4BAI's email address

Mike - W5JR w5jr.lists at gmail.com
Sun Mar 21 13:19:33 EDT 2021

Jeff, the authorization for 3rd party access to email accounts changed. Many ISPs are doing this. You will have to go into the AT&T account administration *for that email address* and generate a “password” to be used in Thunderbird in place of his actual account password.

Yahoo! and AT&T has been sending out messaging on this for over a year. I procrastinated myself in performing the changes until each email finally quit. A couple last fall, a couple more last December, and I’ve just discovered a couple more this past week (which I need to address today).

A related process is required in order to use a gmail (and some others) address on an iOS device.

Let me know if you need more info. I had to google it last fall since I’d already deleted the emails directing me on how to avoid an interruption.

tnx
Mike / W5JR
Alpharetta GA