[SEDXC] Strange condx Friday evening

thompson@mindspring.com thompson@mindspring.com
Fri, 14 Apr 2000 21:53:07 -0400

10 and 12 were active with signals from Europe, the Middle East, South
America, and Africa.  The JA's came in well before 2230
but nothing from YB, 4W etc.   XW2A was on 21206 at 1900 but nothing here
(he was reported 5/7 in W1).   HM0DX was on 10 and 15 for short periods but
by the time I listened he had moved on (more on him later).

I decided to sit on 12 meters as the only semi rare Dx on 10 was TT8JA.
JW5NM was loud and 4S7EA was 5/7 over the pole.   Then the band opened to
9M2.   9M2AX was easy on CW and everyone complained about 9M2XA on SSB but
he got me on the first call.  He was giving JA's 5/5 when I turned across
him he gave W4DR 5/2.  He was running 5/7 to 8 and he gave me 5/5.   JT1DA
was 5/9+10 and he came right back.   Within 10 minutes both were gone (JT1DA
went to CW where he was 589) in a few minutes KH0AC and the JA's came back
but the 9M2's had faded to whispers and still no BY, BV, VR2 et al and
nothing from YB.   On 10 there were several fairly loud JA's and a UA0 and a
LA3 calling CQ.

NC1L at ARRL says he has nothing definite on the station HM0DX claiming
North Korea.   They are treating this as a slim.   For one thing the call
sign is wrong.  His address is on www.buckmaster.com but anyone could have
put it there.   One report said this was on  a ship in Zone 19 or 25 just
north of Japan.   NC1L says work him and worry later.

I just realized I will be at 370 with a couple more DXCC counters...who
would have guessed this a few years ago???   And I still need good BS7 and
P51 Q's (my BS7 does not count).  Image 370 and still needing 2 DXCC
counters.

Dave K4JRB