[SEDXC] Fw: CE0XT February 2001

MIKE GREENWAY K4PI@PEOPLEPC.COM
Wed, 27 Dec 2000 18:14:07 -0500

I received this from K0EU.  Look it over and we will make some decision at
the meeting.

Hello Mike:

Bob Allphin gave me your name as the SEDXA contact person for sponsoring
DXpeditions.  I've been on two trips with Bob (AH1A and CE0Z), and really
wish he was going on this one.  I always have a great time with Bob, and
have
learned quite a bit from him about low band operating.  Actually, Bob was
scheduled to go on this one but opted to go to Kingman Reef instead.  He
recommended me as a suitable replacement.  As you may know, I did a solo
trip
as 9G1XA in 1993, and also was the main CW/lowband op at Kure K7K and Midway
K4M in 1997.

I am getting in touch with you at the request of the DXpedition leader,
Marco, CE6TBN, to see if SEDXA can help with our expenses.  As things
currently stand, each of the nine members is paying $2500 for the boat plus
airplane flight from Valparaiso to Juan Fernandez.  On top of that, we each
must pay for the flight from home to Santiago.  For me personally, that
means
a total of about $3700 base costs.  I will also have to fork out about 300
400 dollars in shipping.  Actually, as DXpeditions go, this is probably not
terribly expensive, but I'm sure you know that things can really add up in a
hurry.

Here is the lineup of antennas and equipment that we have procured for the
trip:

Rigs:
3 x FT-1000MPs
1 x TS-450S
1 x IC-706 (six meter rig)
1 x TS-60 (six meter backup)

Amps:
1 x Ameritron 4x811A
1 x Alpha 76PA
2 x SB-220s

Antennas:
Battle Creek Special 160/80/40
Force-12 80M vertical
Force-12 2-el 40M vertcal array
Force-12 2-el VDA (vertical dipole array) 1 each for 20,17,15,12,10
1 x TH3 tribander 20/15/10
1 x A3WS WARC duobander 12/17
1 x 1/4 wave vertical for 30M
1 x Pennant RX antenna for 160/80
5 element wide spaced M-2 yagi for 6 meters

The list of operators include OH2BH and DJ9ZB.  You can check out the web
site at: WWW.QSL.NET/CE0XT

The entire team would be extremely grateful for any financial assistance
that
you could provide.  Donations go directly to Marco, CE6TBN, at Box 1234,
Temuco, Chile.

We are looking forward to putting on an excellent show from down there, and
plan on doing a bang-up job on the lowbands from down there.

73,
Randy Martin
K0EU