[SEDXC] FIELD DAY 2000

thompson@mindspring.com thompson@mindspring.com
Tue, 4 Jul 2000 23:44:27 -0400

Hope the guys worked W5KHB on field day.  This is my old club from
Mississippi.  From 1958 to 1972 they placed
1st 4 times, and 2nd 3 times and finished in the top 10 scores in all but 1
year.  This is their first time back on for
several years and the first use of W5KHB since 1970.    Still class 3A.   I
still remember running the pile on 15AM with the
old Gonset twins or finding out the KWM1 stopped at 14.300 just after the
band was expanded to 14.350 (we still placed 2nd).
Or watching K5IIN swing his head using the Mon-Key on 40 CW at 5AM.(and
smoke a cigarette at the same time).  Hope the W4NT group had fun.
Dave K4JRB

>Mike K4PI said:
> Jim , AD4J, has put the 2000 FD pix on the web site.  Take a look at them
> and a few other changes we have made. Any suggestions considered.
Remember