[SEDXC] KS4Q Cluster

Ernie KS4Q Ernie KS4Q" <erniez@hatcreekcopy.com
Fri, 30 Nov 2001 20:44:04 -0500

Folks,

Just a little update on the cluster.

****New:  You can connect at 2400 bps on 144.95 Mhz at 2400 bps.  I had some
problems with the configuration of this port/unit.  The command is 'c cdx'
then type 'dxc' to connect to KS4Q.  This site (also located on Sawnee) NOW
appears to be working reliably.  If you notice anything fishy, do let me
know.

You can also connect via telnet session to:  ks4q.dns2go.com    This is a
dynamic IP address, just use it in place of the numbers you often see in
telnet addresses. I typically hold onto the same numerical IP address for a
week or so at a time.  What my address is at any particular time does not
matter.  Issue a connect request to ks4q.dns2go.com and you will be
automatically routed to my dedicated cluster computer here in the shack.

Sawnee Mtn. access is also working well on 145.01 (2400 bps)  and 145.09
(1200 bps).  The command is 'c sawnee' then 'c ax1 ks4q'  *************New:
The computer on top of Sawnee that is running this site has now been
programmed to automatically reboot at 3:00 AM every morning.  This will
ensure that Sawnee stays 'fresh' and quickly and reliably responds to
commands.  A lot of Sawnee's 'squirliness' has been caused by memory leaks
in the program which leads to instability or slow response.

Battery back up is on everything at Sawnee and at KS4Q.  I could probably
survive a power outage of 30 minutes or so before going down.

You can also connect up to N4XMX on 144.91, or to GNTNOD on 144.91 and then
connect to N4XMX.
N4XMX, W4UCK and I hope to get ARCDX (2400 bps) back up on the air with new
firmware.  This site is located in downtown Atlanta and will hopefully
provide coverage to some of the other areas that don't have an RF path to
the cluster.

Battery back up is on everything.  I could probably survive a power outage
of 30 minutes or so before going down.  Sawnee has a backup generator that
runs on propane.  I have a gasoline generator here that will power the house
including the cluster! So, no matter what happens, we can always DX.

I also thought it would be good to give recognition to those people whose
generosity or assistance has helped us to get where we are:  K4SB, K4BI,
W7OT (who used to be W4MS) WB4SQ, KD4K, K4BI, K4PI, K9AY, K4UJ, K4BAI, W4DD,
W4EPI, N4CIW, W4UCK, and the estate of K4KG. There have been offers of
assistance from many others.  I thank you all.

Every week there are a few more users.

Happy DXing and Contesting.

Ernie KS4Q