[SEDXC] Steve Allen - WB4PFE

Gary McConville wb4sq@yahoo.com
Wed, 12 Dec 2001 10:46:23 -0800 (PST)

Steve Allen, WB4PFE passed away Sunday morning while
in
Afghanistran. They found him fully dressed in his
bed when he did not report to duty on Sunday. He seems
to have died of natural causes. Steve had installed
the primary satellite communications links in
Jalalabad and Tora Bora for CNN.  Any of the CNN live
broadcasts you may have seen from these areas came
from Steve's installation.

The autopsy has been completed, but we have not yet
received his body. We expect it to arrive Thursday and
the funeral will hopefully be on Saturday or Sunday.

Steve was a member of the Pine Log Mountain Repeater
Group, a member of the Air Force Military Affiliate
Radio System (Air Force M.A.R.S.), and a member of the
Base Support Team at Dobbins Army Reserve Base. The
Base Support Team is a group of Hams in MARS that
volunteer to provide first-response communications at
the site of downed aircraft.

http://www.accessatlanta.com/ajc/epaper/editions/monday/metro_c3413684644a312500b6.html