[SEDXC] Thanks!

n4xp@juno.com n4xp@juno.com
Sun, 22 Jul 2001 15:25:26 -0400

I want to take a few moments to thank those who have expressed concern
for my health over the past week.  Last Saturday night while in the
safety of our own home, I suffered what was described to us as a "stroke
to the brain."  In medical terms, this is better known as a "cerebral
hemorrhage" or brain bleed.  Fortunately, I have been advised that my
prognosis is for total recovery - perhaps taking as long as 6 months.
After having lost all the functions that we use on a daily basis - I can
assure you it was a scary feeling.

I now have virtually clear speech but my balance is terrible, eyesight
has not returned to its former state and I must move very, very slowly
due to a feeling of exhaustion upon any exertion.  Each day gets better
and I am feeling stronger.

I was able to radio a little bit today during the Georgia QSO party, but
I have to tell you I didn't do too well with the keyboard and paddle!  I
hope it gets better.  I look forward to seeing everyone at the August
meeting.

Again thanks - I appreciate your thoughts.

Tom