[SEDXC] Phil Latta

Ed Tanton n4xy@arrl.net
Fri, 1 Jun 2001 17:02:28 -0400

I went up to see Phil WED afternoon at Athens Regional Medical Center. He
looked pretty good, but wouldn't eat his lunch. Was finally coaxed (by the
nurse) into a couple of crackers. He has some chest congestion he cannot
bring up, and that is causing some coughing spells. I did notice some blood
in the urine discharge tube. He was very interested in an upcoming Braves TV
broadcast, and enthusiastically mentioned some DX worked just before
entering the hospital-which is good since Burma is now a thing of the past.
His spirits were pretty good, all things considered. Stayed about 20
minutes, and I think that was enough for Phil. It was great to see him
again.

73  Ed Tanton  N4XY  <n4xy@arrl.net>

Ed Tanton  N4XY
189 Pioneer Trail