[SEDXC] 240V question

thompson@mindspring.com thompson@mindspring.com
Tue, 27 Mar 2001 03:21:23 -0500

I have three outlets wired in my shack for amps.  Two are 240V 30 amp
outlets and one is 120V 40 amps.
I would like to save having to climb under the table to plug in a different
amp to one of the 240V outlets.
I have a Henry 2K that I now use on 17 and 12 (backup for 10) and an NCL2000
modified for Svetlana
4CX400's.  I would like to know if its possible to have both plugged in
altho I will never turn on more than one at a time.
Wife won't let me wire any additional outlets are we are at 150A capacity
now.  (major re-wire)

I looked in MacMaster-carr and Graybar catalogs but all the dual outlets are
120V not 240V.  My plugs that I use
are three wire with one hot horizontal, one vertical, and a common round
plug for the common ground.  I will change them out if necessary.

Anyone know of a solution????

73 Dave K4JRB