[SEDXC] 2001 GQP status

Gary Breed gary@noblepub.com
Fri, 4 May 2001 15:53:25 -0400

The organization behind the 2001 GQP is shaping up!

Gary K9AY - Overall coordinator and backup log checker
Mike NE4S - Log recipient and log checking
Ed K4SB - Plaque preparation and delivery

As Mike noted, the current dates and rules have been placed on
the SECC web site -- http://secc.contesting.com   Publicity has
directed interested parties to visit the web site for more info.

***PLAQUES***

There is the matter of plaques to be sponsored...At present, I can
find a record of only two sponsors:

1) K9AY - High score outside Georgia. I had said regardless of power
class, but to keep the plaque list simple, make it High US/VE SOHP
2) WB4SQ - No category specified.

Perhaps the SEDXC has already voted to continue to sponsor a plaque
in GQP - can someone let me know?

Your sponsorship is needed!  Pick an entry class or your own criteria
(as long as the result can be obtained from the logs).  The cost is
$40 and payment must be made no later than 30 days after the contest!

At a minimum, I would hope to have plaques for:

Georgia:        SOHP, SOLP, SOQRP, Rover
US/VE non-GA:   SOHP, SOLP, SOQRP
DX:             High score regardless of power class

Clear your calendar for July 21-22, 2001 !

73, Gary
K9AY