[SEDXC] 3rd Report On Phil Latta, W4GTS

Wilder Scott wpscott@arches.uga.edu
Wed, 23 May 2001 15:20:23 -0400 (EDT)

 I visited with Phil for about 35 minutes today (Wednesday) at ARMC and
found him very tired.  He has not been getting much sleep and was quite
uncomfortable.  He informed me that his doctor has ordered him to be
scheduled for kidney dialysis starting immediately.  He was very
frightened by this development and I tried my best to set his mind at
ease, with little success.  Of course the medical people are urging him to
try to walk as much as he can to keep down the formation of blood clots
following his surgery.  He was more 'down' today than I have seen him and
I spent most of our time trying to cheer him up.  Just as I was leaving,
his daughter Phyllis came in to see him and remarked that he looked tired
from the lack of sleep.  We did have him smiling and laughing a little by
the time I left, but he is still asking repeatedly of the nurses when he
can go home and he is getting very evasive answers.  73!  De Pat Scott,
W4NW