[SEDXC] Ala QSO Party, Sat, Sept 19

John Laney k4bai@worldnet.att.net
Mon, 24 Sep 2001 10:06:08 -0400

Hello all:

Here is my tentative schedule for mobile operation in Ala QSO Party
Saturday Sept 29 from 1800 to 2400Z:

Lee, Russell, Barbour, Henry, Houston, Geneva, Coffee, Dale, Pike,
Bullock, Macon, Lee, Russell.

I may not be able to get to all those counties, but this is the route I
plan to follow.  If someone expects to be QRV from Lee County (such as
K4IQJ), I will start in Russell instead.

Unless some ham volunteers to share the driving and operating, my son
will drive for me so I can concentrate on operating.  I will be on CW
and SSB on 40 through 10.  I will try to be QRV on every one of those
bands that are open from each county.  We will be in motion most of the
time, but I will have to stop the truck to change bands.  The antenna
uses a tap system to change bands.  The rig is an Alinco, 100 watts,
with a narrow CW filter.  It seems to load well on all bands.  Unless
there is a computer program that I am not aware of at this time, logging
will be on paper like the "old days."

Norm, if there is a county hunters' reflector, I'd appreciate your
forwarding this info to them.

All QSL requests will be answered by return mail.

Please look for me and the other stations who will be active in this
party, which is being administered by our SECC members, KS4YT and KV4T.

73,

John, K4BAI.