[SEDXC] Georgia QSO Party Update

jshort@mindspring.com jshort@mindspring.com
Sat, 6 Apr 2002 15:11:19 -0500

Hi all...

	GQP Czar here with a LONG overdue email.

	First of all, I apologize for not posting this sooner.  Work/life
got to be a bit hectic over the past couple of weeks... which led me
to not really think/act about this year's GQP.   I am not saying that
everything is behin me now... but I am saying that I know that I have
a job to do.

	For those that I met at the hamfest a couple of weeks ago,
thanks for your suggestions and support.  For the SEDXC, sorry
that I didn't stop by at your table and introduce myself.

	Ok - first things first.  Yes, the GQP is still on.... and yes, as
previously announced, it is schedule to be held on the 3rd weekend
of July (20th & 21st).

	One of the tasks that I was allowed to do was review the
rules and make some changes, if I felt were needed.   While I may
be making some minor tweaks with the rules... the majority of the
rules, including scoring, will stay the same.  I feel that, while the
scoring could be improved, it is probably too late to make such
changes.

	Of course, if the membership feels very strongly about
wanting to change the scoring... this is the time to speak up about it.
While I am Czar, I also understand that its the people that make the
contest what it is.... ESPECIALLY State QSO Parties.

	Next - advertising.  I am in the process of contacting CQ,
ARRL, NCJ, and the WA7BNM Contest Calender.  If there is any
other online site or organization that should be contacted, please let
me know ASAP.
		In addition, I am also planning to contact the
various organization that run the other QSO Parties to ask for their
support.

	Finally (at least for this email) - award sponsorship

	I will be contacting last year's sponsors and asking them to
sponsor a plaque for this year.  I assume that the sponsor list on the
gqp.contesting.com is accurate.  If anyone else is interested (or you
know of anyone else) in sponsoring for this year, please let me
know.

Thanks to all for their support and comments...(both past and
future).

Jeff / KD3UC