[SEDXC] More info on the Free Trip to Helsinki !

MAllphin@aol.com MAllphin@aol.com
Wed, 17 Apr 2002 16:40:29 EDT

To SEDXC members:

Last night at the monthly meeting, I mentioned the WRTC 2002 fundraising
activity of selling "chances" to win 2 free to trips to Helsinki.  I thought
some further explanation might be helpful.

This is a relatively new WRTC 2002 Fundraising activity and it works like
this:

...Chances are sold at $10 per chance - for a raffle drawing to be conducted
at the end of the Contest Dinner at Dayton 2002. The drawing will be under
the watchful eye of K1ZM and OH2BH.

....The winner(s) do not have to be present to win.

There are two GRAND PRIZES as follows:

1) Each includes roundtrip coach airfare for one person via SAS to Helsinki
from one of four US gateway points served by SAS - Newark, Wash. D.C.,
Chicago and Seattle.

2) Each includes hotel accommodations for "WRTC Week" for one person in a
hotel near the WRTC site in Helsinki.

3) Each includes tickets (passes) to all WRTC activities for one person
during "WRTC Week".

4) If you choose to travel to Helsinki at another time that is fine, ie: you
do not have to attend WRTC 2002.

Again, there are two (2) GRAND PRIZES to be drawn and EACH is a complete
package including SAS airfare from a US gateway point (you must get to the
gateway city on your own!), hotel and WRTC passes.

The value of each prize is about $2,500US - so it is a good deal at $10 per
chance.

As of this writing, chance sales to date are less than 150 sold - but I
expect there will be about 500 - 750 sold between now and the drawing at
Dayton - so those are your expected "odds" on winning as I predict them to
be.

This is a great opportunity for someone to attend WRTC 2002 - and if you have
never been to one of these events, I can tell you that even as a spectator,
it is a wonderful experience.

Again, each chance is going for $10 -many are buying multiple chances.

1) Just send me an e-mail at k4uee@arrl.net telling me how many chances you
want me
      to reserve for you.
2) Then make a check to NCDXF (Northern California DX Foundation) and mail it
 to my CBA, prior to May 1, 2002.
                         Bob Allphin, K4UEE
                         4235 Blackland Dr.
                         Marietta, Ga. 30067
3) I will see to it that you will be included in the drawing for the correct
number of
      chances purchased.

I would like to thank you for your support of this worthwhile event  Good
Luck!

73, Bob K4UEE

WRTC 2002 - USA SOUTH- FUNDRAISER