[SEDXC] QSL Search Engine

David L. Thompson thompson@mindspring.com
Tue, 13 Aug 2002 12:51:19 -0400

A great single site for QSL Managers is the K4UTE site.  Type in the call of
the Dx station
and the QSL manager is given (if any).

I worked TY4DX on 80 meters for #303 there.  Good signal at 0230Z on 3795
but the static is almost as loud.  Even better on 40 SSB on 7069.   12
meters is almost like 6 meters these days. There was a spot for 8Q7ZZ in
Europe so I put the receiver on 24960 and for a hour variuos Europeans
popped in and out from S1 to S9.  When an HP2 worked him I turned on the
transmitter.  I heard WA4OYH work him and on one peak he hit S5.  I listened
for a couple on minutes and he again hit S5 and worked him.  In 5 minutes he
was gone.  By then no Europeans were heard but an EA8 was running S9+ down
the band.  A few minutes later only the Brazilian
CBer on LSB were heard on the band.  Walk out of the room at the wrong time
and miss the Dx HI.

73 Dave K4JRB