[SEDXC] ARCDX on 145.65 is on the air!

Rick Glisson rglisson@smyrnacable.net
Sat, 5 Jan 2002 21:30:43 -0500

The ARCDX machine is back on the air for anyone who wishes to connect to the
DX packet cluster system! The ARCDX machine is located downtown in the
Wachovia building. The frequency is 145.65 at 2400 baud. To use, type C
ARCDX then after the next prompt, type C N4XMX. You will be connected to the
N4XMX cluster node. You can also connect direct by typing C N4XMX if you can
reach me in Vinings. I have a 8 element quad pointed at ARCDX running 30
watts.  After logging in, you can type SH/DX to show the last five spots.

The N4XMX cluster is also operating on 144.91 which can be accessed directly
or through GNTNOD.  For those wishing to go through GNTNOD, type C GNTNOD,
then after the menu type C N4XMX.  On this frequency, I am running 120w to a
vertical.

Typical spots during the week run around 60-100 per hour.  During peak
contest times, W/Ve spots run up to 500 per hour.

This has been the work of Jim, W4UCK,  Ernie, KS4Q, and myself.  We went
downtown today to install the new NETROM chip provided by Ernie;  we also
marked the antenna for later relocation on a proper antenna grid.  At that
time, we will replace the coax from the antenna to the radio.  We are not
sure at this point how much cable we will need, but when we get more
information we'll be looking for cable!  We have temporarily removed the
cavity for retuning.  Currently we have several people running through ARCDX
to me and it seems to work fine.

Enjoy!  We hope to see you on the cluster!

73,
Rick N4XMX

p.s.  John, you can pass this on to the ARC members, either through
newsletter or Email as you prefer.  Later I will provide an article about
logging on to the packet cluster for novices.  This will include myself as
well as the KS4Q node through Sawnee Mountain.