[SEDXC] Fw: 2002 Pacific Northwest DX Convention

MIKE GREENWAY K4PI@peoplepc.com
Thu, 6 Jun 2002 14:40:01 -0000

 DX club officers and editors:

 In April, I sent you an announcement about the upcoming 2002 Pacific
 Northwest DX Convention.  Since then, we've been hard at work to make
 this year's convention entertaining and informative.  So, I'd like to give
 you an update on our plans and reissue an invitation on behalf of the
 Willamette Valley DX Club for you to join us.  Again, please pass this
 information on to the rest of your DX club.

 2002 Pacific Northwest DX Convention

 DATES:
 August 2 - 4, 2002  (Friday through Sunday)

 LOCATION:
 Monarch Hotel
 12566 SE 93rd Ave.
 Clackamas, OR  97015 (just minutes from downtown Portland)
 (800) 492-8700
 Online reservations can be made at http://monarchhotel.citysearch.com
 Make your reservation early as the DX Convention rate is only available
 until July 12th.

 SCHEDULE:
 Friday night -- registration and Hospitality Suite
 Saturday -- programs and prizes, banquet and speaker, hospitality Suite
 Sunday -- breakfast and speaker plus raffle prize

 PRESENTATIONS (subject to change):
 VP8GEO (South Georgia) and VP8THU (South Sandwich) By W7EW
PW0T (Trindade) by N6FF
 Lowband Antennas by N6LF
 ARRL DXCC Forum by NT1N
 WRTC-2002 from the persepctives of a competitor (NT1N) And a judge (N0AX)
TI9M (Cocos Island) by AD6E
 ZK1 (North Cook Islands) by W7TSQ

 If you're planning on attending the convention, get your registration form
 in the mail and postmarked by June 15th if you want a free raffle ticket.
 The raffle grand prize is a $1000 Ham Radio Outlet gift certificate!  Of
 course, there will be other door prizes as well.

 Up to the minute news regarding attendees, prizes, and presentations
 are on our website.  You can print the registration form From there as