[SEDXC] Summer Dog days

David L. Thompson thompson@mindspring.com
Wed, 26 Jun 2002 15:53:00 -0400

You can tell its summer.  No 40 meter DX at sunrise and we get the pleasure
of listening to the Northeast and West Coast work Asia on 17 and 15 that are
often not even readable here.  I was away last week but this week XV9, XW1,
YA, S21, even YF1AR are listed and worked by W1 and W6 with no trace here.
Yes Africa can be worked as well as South America and for some reason 4X and
UA0 seem to come through but nada on the rest.  I did hear the XW1 on 15
working Europe only at 1400Z on Sunday at S4 but by 1700Z (NA/SA only) he
was ESP.  Even YF1AR was barely ESP today on 15 and he is usually loud.

Hope we get a few days of good propagation before September.  The SF needs
to get back above 170 or 180 and the A index need to be less than 3 (SF=145,
K=11, A=3 means poooooor condx).  So far the pickup that usually occurs at
nightfall on 17 and 15 seems to be spotty and limited to 20.

If you have chores to finish by fall...this is a good time to get on them!

73 Dave K4JRB