[SEDXC] Recap of SEDXC Meeting March 19, 2002

James R. Kauten, MD, W4TE w4te@mindspring.com
Sun, 31 Mar 2002 16:31:03 -0500

Recap of SEDXC Meeting March 19, 2002.

=20

This was the second meeting at the new QTH (Fuqua Heart Center Classroom =
at Piedmont Hospital).  For directions go to: =
http://www.peachtreecardio.net/sedxc_qth.htm. =20

=20

There was a good turnout for dinner prior to the meeting.  We ate at =
Panera Bread, which is several blocks North of Piedmont Hospital on =
Peachtree Road.  There were 20 attendees.

=20

Items discussed/announcements were as follows:

=20

  1.. Kennehoochee Hamfest SEDXC Booth was a success.  It generated some =
interest in new membership.  Sold some badges and Logos.
  2.. Web page is up thanks to Jim Worthington, AD4J.  You can access it =
at www.sedxc.org.  Check it out and send any ideas to sedxc@kauten.com.  =

  3.. Cluster report-Neither N4XMX nor KS4Q had anything to report.  =
Perhaps next meeting.
  4.. Outgoing QSL cards.  Bill Barr, N4NX reports all is going well and =
to give him any cards needing to be sent to the bureau.
  5.. Russia-Guy Shields, W4GBU gave a report on the Freedom Force of =
Atlanta.  He is looking for hams to sponsor Russian hams for a week =
beginning May 31, 2002.   Any interest, call Guy.
=20

Old Business:

=20

None

=20

New Business:

=20

TN Dxpedition was discussed.  TN is ranked 31 on most wanted list.  No =
interest for a SEDXC donation could be generated.  Plan on individual =
donations from interested club members.

Four new members were added to the roster this meeting.

=20

Presentation=20

=20

Gary Breed, K9AY gave an excellent Power Point presentation on his =
design of low band antennas.  A good discussion ensued.  We look forward =
to seeing his line of antennas when they become available.  These =
antennas have been taken on many Dxpeditions.  We hope to hear further =
from Gary.

=20

We hope to see more of you at the next meeting.  There is plenty of =
room.

=20

Meeting adjourned at 2100.

=20

See you next Month at the Fuqua Heart Center Classroom, April 16, 2002.

=20

73,=20

Jim Kauten, MD, W4TE

President SEDXC