[SEDXC] Dx in Europe

David L. Thompson thompson@mindspring.com
Thu, 23 May 2002 11:25:46 -0400

I have been corresponding with I0JX about some old Italian gear I have and
Tony mentioned
that he spends most of his time on 6 meters where he has 196 countries.
Must be nice to be in Europe!

I watch DX Summit and from 0700Z on 10, 12, and 15 are active in Europe with
DX from Africa, Asia, and South America plus EU short skip.   At the
corresponding hours here 1200 to 1900 Z its rare now that we can hear more
than a handful of DX stations (usually central and Northern South America).
Most of our Dx chances are on 10 say at early morning Grayline and then on
the bands late in the afternoon (2100Z on).  But EU has those same openings
too.   TN3W was on 10 and 12 lately at 1300Z
but ESP here.  They are on 17 and 15 in the late afternoon but not 12.
Same for R1MVI.  Today he is finally is on 17 CW at 1500Z but the band is
only partially open.  I need both R1 and TN3 on 12 for all bands except 160
and 30(don't work the band).  I did finally catch XW0X on 12 but still need
9N.

Every day I am tempted to filter out the EU spots just for sanity sake.

73 Dave K4JRB