[SEDXC] Weekend antenna project de WB4SQ

Gary McConville wb4sq at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 7 08:08:20 EDT 2003

Spent a few hours Saturday struggling to get lines
atop a 70 foot oak tree.  My wife was proud that she
helped me put up an antenna but it was only the pulley
system for the 80M inv v bazooka.  Sun - struggled
again with the branches but was determined and got it
over the right branches.  Then was disappointed when
the min SWR was 1.5 at 3.636Mhz.  But after listened
to the 80M CB-type non-stop rachit-jawwing on SSB, I'm
happy to leave it on the CW portion.  It came out just
right FIRST TIME!