[SEDXC] GQP-Correction

SavageBR at aol.com SavageBR at aol.com
Sat Aug 9 20:10:00 EDT 2003

Of course my comments were directed at the GQP not the FQP. Sorry about that.
Bruce  AA4Z

The GQP 2004 is currently scheduled for the Easter Sunday weekend. GQP 2003
was on the Palm Sunday weekend. IF there is a desire to rebuild the FQP I think
this is a poor choice of weekends.

Apparently this was discussed at the ATL HamFest SECC meeting and the
thinking was, it is better to maintain annual consistency so one can plan ahead.

I suggest that consistency can be maintained if the GQP were scheduled two
weeks before or one week after Easter Sunday each year. It think it is better to
once in a while conflict with some other activity than to conflict with Palm
Sunday or Easter Sunday.

Think about why the Florida QSP is one of the best. What do others think????

Bruce  AA4Z