[SEDXC] Update on capacitor needed

David L. Thompson thompson at mindspring.com
Tue Aug 12 22:07:18 EDT 2003

I am told to beware of door knob capacitors in high RF situations such as
the antenna tuner.  I need to stick with either a 6 or 10KV ceramic or an
old transmitting mica.   I am looking for 1000pf.  I currently use two .0003
(300pf) in parallel 3750Wvdc transmitting micas.

I found the 10KV 1000pf ceramic for a mere .62 per each in my Antique
Electronics Supply (the other AES HI).  The rub is they have a minimum
purchase.   Fair Radio used to have big transmitting micas (I got a 470pf
10Kwvdc several years ago) but the only ones they have are
real big ones now. I will try WB4GNT but he usually has to dig things out
and I am sure he is going to both Huntsville and Shelby.

Does anyone have something in their junk box I can use?

73 Dave K4JRB