[SEDXC] Small Effort at K4JRB CQ 160 SSB

David L. Thompson thompson at mindspring.com
Mon Feb 24 18:01:42 EST 2003

Old Murphy and then QRN ruined the contest this year.  I finally got on for
2 hours of QRN on Saturday before giving up.  My best hour was the last hour
on Sunday when I finally called CQ.
Ran 100 watts except turned on the amp to get thru to D4B and EA8/OH2BYS.
G4VGO heard my 100 watts as did Herby and XE1RCS.

Rig was my old FT-980 and 100 foot Spi-Ro Dipole mounted half wave L style
with the top at 70 feet and the bottom at 20 feet and the flat top sloping
down to about 55 feet.  Finally turned on the old DTR-2000L 8877 amp for the
Dx QSOs.  Have an outside chance to get the MULTEE up for the ARRL SSB DX.
This is my back up station. The main SO2R station and No Tune amp are
spread all over the shack floor!

QSOs  182
USA 166
ve 11
dx 5
44 States and Provinces
5 DXCC
20,320 Claimed score

Send logs to cq160 at kkn.net  and ignore the statement about submitting a
cabrillo log (Most already have).  I get them all anyway!

73 Dave K4JRB