[SEDXC] Bob Wilson is W4BD no more!!

Bob Wilson w4bd at w4bd.com
Sun Aug 29 20:02:28 EDT 2004

I have a new callsign...I'm now W4BW.  I'll bet you see the basis for this change...(hint...Bob Wilson).

I was granted W4BW as of 2 am Friday morning, 8/27 and W4BD was cancelled...never to be used by this op again as "my call".  I certainly liked the old call...but I do like the new one better...it's "me"!  I must admit, I never liked the call W4BD spoken alphabetically...it seemed somewhat vague and unclear but I think W4BW is much better.

The call W4BW has alot of history behind it...it was held by a long time ham and large force in Ham Radio...and Radio in general...A. Prose Walker.  I have really enjoyed browsing his history on the Internet the last few weeks as I waited for Friday's FCC lottery.  He was employed by the Federal Communications Commission twice, by Collins Radio and many more forces in radio through the years.  I will certainly use this call with care and keep the footsteps I'll walk in mind as I operate.  Prose was known to be a great and avid CW operator so I guess now I'll have yet another reason to better hone my CW skills and "pound some brass".  He is also acknowledged as a key force in Amateurs gaining the WARC bands.

That's all for now...I'll probably update the email address sometime soon but I'll let you all know...

Bob Wilson - W4BW