[SEDXC] 1A0KM operation

David L. Thompson thompson at mindspring.com
Fri Jan 9 16:55:05 EST 2004

I worked them on 12 for #318.  I remember the story Tony I0AMU told me about
the first operation 25 years ago.  They had very strict operating
limitations and they had to place antennas so not to be noticed by outsiders
or interfere with the order's operations.   They had real problems getting
up antennas for 80 and 160 and could only operate with low power at times.

One point is that had to shut down just after dark.  Tony finally set up the
low band station on property nearby owned by the order for storage.   He
said this was the same as several Vatican City operations in other
locations.  HV3SJ worked from his apartment several miles away.  In fact
only the early HV1CN operations (early to mid 1960's) were actually from
within Vatican City!

Hope everyone worked them as it takes years to get operation approval.

73 Dave K4JRB