[SEDXC] Visit to Atlanta area in July by N0KE

John Laney k4bai at worldnet.att.net
Tue Jun 15 15:14:51 EDT 2004

Hello all:

Below is a message from Phil, N0KE, who will be visiting in Atlanta
during the middle of July.  Anyone who can help Phil with any ham
activities or suggestions about the CQ VHF contest, please contact him
directly or via me.  Thanks.

73,

John, K4BAI.

John,
	I'm going to be in Atlanta July 15-18 for a family reunion at
Marriott-Norcross which I beleive is on the north side of Atlanta. I'm
travelling with my 94 year old dad but could leave him with other family
members if there are any ham related activities in the area on Friday or
Saturday. My return flight to Denver leaves 11:30am Sunday so not much
chance to do anything then. I don't have any particular interest in the
reunion but my dad can not travel alone.
	The CQ VHF contest is that weekend and I might bring my 706 to operate from
the motel or rental car. I do have one of the M2 2m loops and could rig up
something for 6m. It looks like there is a 4 grid square corner not far away
to the north that might be worthwhile trying as a rover. This contest is
only 6m and 2m. Are there any HF/VHF ops you know of in the Norcross area?
It looks like you are some distance away in Columbus GA.
	Any suggestions on things to see/do in the Atlanta area would be welcome.
	73 Phil N0KE TI5/N0KE aka TI5N at contest times but I'm not the only one
using that call.