[SEDXC] Re: SEDXC Digest, Vol 23, Issue 2

Carl Henson wb4znh at megapipe.net
Tue Nov 2 17:28:32 EST 2004

I joined the SEDXC in June of 1973 and Van Fair was President.  I remember
three meetings that year.  One program was Martti Lane's 3C1 and 3C0
operations, I believe Chaz Cone, W4GKF, showed a movie of Navassas Island,
and the other was a program by Darlene Magen, about her trip around the
world after her husband died of a heart attack on Tonga while on a
DXpedition.  Least ways, I think it was Tonga.  I think I still have her
book around here somewhere.  Those programs, especially OH2BH's was an
inspiration for our DXpedition travelling.  Chaz provided me with the
address and information to apply for a 6Y5 license and I met W5TWI, Jim
Wilson on the air on that trip.  Jim was later W4MWT and was K4YE, when he
died.  But I can't remember what I had for breakfast.  Hi hi  73, Carl