[SEDXC] Research SEDXC History? Need your Help

Bill Barr billn4nx at alltel.net
Wed Oct 13 14:27:34 EDT 2004

Gang,

Dig out your old bulletins, announcements or just prod your memory cells?  I am trying to gather information relative to SEDXC History so Chaz ( W4GKF ) can use it as part of the SEDXC Web Site revamp.  I am looking for a list of past presidents.
Here is what I already know or think:

1978   Wayne     W4LVM   ( Silent Key )
1979   ??
1980   Dwight      KA4C
1981   Dave        WA4SSU ( Now K4SSU )
1982   Harry       KC4M  ( Silent Key )
1983   Harry       K4GFH   ( Now W4KJ )
1984   Carl         WB4ZNH
1985     "                 "
1986    Bill          N4NX
1987    Ken         K4TEA
1988      "                "
1989      "                "
1989 - 1990     Dave        K4JRB
1990 - 1991     Neal         KC4MJ  ( Now N4FN )
1991 - 1992     Verne        W8BLA
1993 - 1994     John         KI4XO    ( Now K3GO )
1994 - 1995     Delaine     KM4FV  ( Now K4IS   )
1995 - 1996     Steve        KR4DL   ( Now K4WA )
1996 - 1997     Paul          W6XA
1997 - 2000     Mike          K4PI
2000 - 2004     Jim            W4TE
Present           Wes           W3WL

I was president in the 70s I think 76 or 77.  The prod of the brain cells didn't work!!!

Now here is a bit of research that I thought you might find interesting.  In January 1977 there were 322  current DXCC countries & at that time no SEDXC Member had them all, but here were the top ten club members:

319   W4BYU   ( Status ? )
318   K4EZ      ( Silent Key )
317   W4HR
315   K4JRB
315   K4RPK
313   W4BFR
313   K4KG     ( Silent Key )
313   W4YWX  ( Now N4PN )
309   K4EWG
308   W4GTS   ( Silent Key )
308   W4GTS  ( Silent Key )

K4UEE & N4NX had 215 & were way down the list!!!

I would really appreciate anything you can offer.  If you know of some past president not listed & don't know the year, then give me what you have.  Looking forward to hearing from you.

73
Bill N4NX