[SEDXC] The question of the missing ballots

David Thompson thompson at mindspring.com
Wed Oct 27 23:28:41 EDT 2004

So far both Morris KB4IT and I have not received our ballots for the Vice
Director   election.  Friday is the deadline for ARRL to receive them I am
told.  But ARRL has offered to send me one by first class mail.

The problem stems from the fact that to save a few dollars the ballots were
sent something besides first class.  Many of us take this seriously and
Atlanta is a known dead letter box for non first class mail.  I have fought
Atlanta over the late CQ magazine deliveries
and Dick Ross is very aware of the problem.

I am still taking samples to see the extent of the missing ballots.   I will
advise ARRL (Frank Butler and Dave Sumner K1ZZ) that all ballots must be
mailed first class mail.  If It seems the problem is widespread I may advise
sandy W4RU to contest the election in the case that he loses.  His
opposition is well connected in South Florida.

Dave K4JRB