[SEDXC] Recommendations for logging software

Don Nesbitt drnesbitt at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 13 15:48:34 EDT 2004

Hi Kos - I'll bet you will get lots of responses to this as everyone has
their favorite!

Here is mine.  For general logging and award tracking, I use XMLog
(http://www.xmlog.com).  The program is free and does pretty much everything
while remaining simple to set up and get going.  It connects to clusters for
spotting, has bandmaps, can be interfaced with most radios for simple "click
to frequency" etc, has programmable memories, programmable cw messages,
tracks awards, gives voice announcements of dx, as well as printing qsl's,
qsl labels, etc!  I don't know how Mike continues to keep it free and do the
job that he does with it.  You might want to check it out.

Even though you didn't really ask, and I'm certainly no big time (or even
small time for that matter) contester, my choice for contesting is N1MM
Logger (http://www.n1mm.com).  It is also free and is a very nice windows
based program.  Too many features for me to list.  Even though it is
primarily a "contesting" program, you might want to check it out as well.
Again I don't know how Tom keeps it free.

The usual disclaimers apply:  YMMV, no pecuniary interest in either, etc,
etc.  73 es hv fun --don n4hh