[SEDXC] Ivan

John Laney k4bai at worldnet.att.net
Fri Sep 17 10:50:44 EDT 2004

Sorry to hear of Dave Thompson's antenna damage and glad that John's
antennas are OK.  We were very fortunate.  Only had the support for one
end of a 40-meter dipole fail.  I have pulled that end up about ten feet
off the ground temporarily and will get it up higher this weekend.  We
have a lot of debris down in the yard again, but no trees fell and the
other antennas are OK.  We didn't even lose power!  Hope everyone else
made out as well.

I have a first cousin in Pensacola, FL who had the contents of the
entire ground floor of a beautiful home washed away by the storm surge.
  They had evacuated to their farm property in Atmore, AL, and returned
to find the upstairs intact, but lost all the contents of the ground floor.

73,

John, K4BAI.