[SEDXC] Status?

KB4ET-Dave kb4et at gtcom.net
Fri Sep 17 19:21:24 EDT 2004

  Hey Mike K4PI:
  Temp. hook up to gen. so pse excuse. My area took a lot of flack, ie:
micro-burst !! My HF tower/ant. is Ok.. My 6 mtr tower w/ M2 antenna is in
shambles - no salvage anything. This whole area is without power and our
best estimate is 3 W-E-E-K-S. I have a Gen. but am sharing it with
seniors/neighibors on a 2 - hr basis to keep their freezers/refrig. going.
No power restored in the surrounding towns so we are "camping out" so to
speak.. Now is a good time for BS7H to appear (The last one I need to
wuk'um all - Maybe a couple of neighbors freezers might get "warm" should
that be the case). BTW - I have 120 gal. of fuel for gen. which at current
rate of usage should last abt 2 weeks - Hoping to obtain a "refill" B4
then.. All repeaters, cell phone, etc down over here so we're kinda back to
the local jungle drums for communications. Don't know how NF4A or N4OX made
out as no contact - I know Panama City had a "F-E-W" tornadoes and I did
hear that PNS got hit hard. Will check email on gen power abt every other
day until fuel relief is in sight.. 73
Dave - kb4et - ie: Hurrinado Diego del Panhandle de FL