[SEDXC] Sell Icom 756 Pro III

Don Nesbitt drnesbitt at hotmail.com
Sat Apr 2 17:02:43 EST 2005

Sell:  Icom 756 Pro III - just like it came out of the box.  This time I am
wearing my glasses!

Includes original carton, hand mic, manual, plugs, warranty card and a
Radiocovers custom made cover (very sharp! - see:
http://www.radiocovers.com/ICOM.htm).  Original purchase was on December 28,
2004 - about 3 months ago by a friend that has the same "MO" that I have
when it comes to "modern" radios (see below).   Price is $2500 to a dues
paying SEDX club member.  I'm offering it to the club membership first and
won't list it on eham until late next week.  It's a chance to save $500 on
the radio and another close to $200 in sales taxes!  If your location is
close, I'll even consider delivering the radio.  When I make it available to
the "general public" the price will be $2625 and I'm not a  "haggler - the
price is the price!

A Word of Explanation:  Beside DXing, one of the joys that I get out of our
hobby is "evaluating" equipment - it's been my "MO" for years and am
grateful that I've been able to indulge in this facit of ham radio.
Generally I consider that I am just "renting" modern gear for a short time
and "eat" the losses.  Sometimes it looks like I could have my own hamfest!
Like now - - still have the Alpha and Dentron amps for sale (btw: the cost
of each is actually $50 less than the prices listed for a club member - I
just was not going to send another "whoops" email about that!);  will
probably also list them on eham late next week - and - am even considering
selling some of my Collins gear!

Just in case it means anything to anyone else, I'm happy to report that (at
least in my opinion) the Pro III is an improvement in some areas over the
Pro II.  Specifically, the pre-amps do indeed seem "quieter" and less prone
to overload, the 3rd order immunity does seem to be improved, the display
screen seems to be a bit "crisper" with a couple of added display features
(a la the 7800) and the cw keying seems to be improved.  Of course, YMMV!

Now I'm ready to move on to the next rig so the Pro III is up for sale.
Thanks for the bandwidth - give me a call if you're interested.  73 es gud
dxing  -- Don N4HH  (404) 218-3595 Cellular, (404) 875-0746 Home