[SEDXC] Memorial Service for K4GA

K4SB k4sb at bellsouth.net
Tue Apr 5 11:42:56 EDT 2005

John Laney wrote:
> The Dixie DXers are not in operation. But they have a club call, W4KZ,
> licensed at NQ4I's QTH.  I suppose if they wished they could surrender
> W4KZ and get K4GA as a memorial and an appropriate call for a GA club.

----------
Well, I need to check it out, but I'm afraid that I have egg on my
face. I just received an email from a buddy who pointed out that a
single club may have more than one vanity call, with the singular
requirement that the Trustees MUST be different hams. So, the SEDXC
could properly apply for the call.

It now appears we can have our cake and eat it too.

Regarding John's comment that the Dixie DXers are not in operation.
I'm sure you are all aware that such is a violation of FCC rules, and
that the KZ license will be revoked if that becomes known.

What would everyone think of re activating the Dixie group so as to
make it a legal organization again? All it would take is 4 members,
officers, a C&BL, stated purpose, and the application at the proper
time. Club meetings and elections could be
simultaneous.

Or we could form a new club, such as the South East DX & Contest Club.

73
Ed, Class of 60

UNC vs IL "Mess with the best, die like the rest!"