[SEDXC] GQP Georgia Counties

k4sb@bellsouth.net k4sb at bellsouth.net
Thu Dec 8 14:17:11 EST 2005

Reference my earlier post, I have now eliminated all calls from the
database which are not in Georgia. Then I manipulated that database and
have removed about 20 counties which have so many hams that to run a
mobile from them would be senseless, such as Cobb and Fulton.

Still need to eliminate more counties, but I am using as a "rule of
thumb" a count of 20 hams. If there are less, the county stays. Also, I
think I will eliminate all counties that major intestates run through.
I will not eliminate a county which is adjacent to a "interstate" county
unless it is filled with hams.

Sorta funny, but many years ago when I was active in county hunting,
I gave a W4 in FL his LAST county. Happened to be that county that
Savannah, GA is located in. Now figure that one out. Still have the
little plaque the County Hunters Assoc. gives out to a ham who gives a
guy his "last" county.

Still lotsa work to do. But that 7,815 number I quoted is now down to
2736.