[SEDXC] Fwd: BPL and GA

Paul Pescitelli dx.k4uj at gmail.com
Sat Dec 17 19:54:20 EST 2005

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: ARRL Web site <memberlist at www.arrl.org>
Date: Dec 17, 2005 6:01 PM
Subject: BPL and GA
To: dx.k4uj at gmail.com

Hello, again,

OK, the mid-monthly summary was fairly short, but that didn't
necessarily mean ya'll wouldn't be hearing from me AGAIN! Just received
some additional information from the ARRL's Ed Hare, W1RFI, on BPL
testing here in Georgia, and I wanted to share that information with
ya'll asap.

It is NO LONGER just a rumor. BPL is coming to Georgia. Check out these
websites, regarding activity in these areas:

http://p1k.arrl.org/~ehare/bpl/ex2.html#GA_Clarksville
http://p1k.arrl.org/~ehare/bpl/ex2.html#GA_Douglasville
http://p1k.arrl.org/~ehare/bpl/ex2.html#GA_Young_Harris

Ed says that "Clarksville and Douglasville will use Mitsubishi systems.
Young Harris will use Main.net. Both manufacturers have a strong
interference potential and have been involved in numerous interference
cases."

So we are looking for hams who live in these areas who would be willing
to serve as a "BPL team" to monitor these systems. General guidance
information as to what is needed at this early stage can be found at:

http://p1k.arrl.org/~ehare/bpl/Guidance_For_Field_Trials.html
http://p1k.arrl.org/~ehare/bpl/complaints.html

Unfortunately, it looks like Georgia is going to be the next center of
attention as far as the battle with BPL, and I'm counting on some of
you to step forward to serve as our technical soldiers. Ed Hare would
be willing to talk with volunteers about what they should expect in the
days to come.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings.

Until next time, this is AF4FO, signing clear. Take care of yourselves.
And each other. 73, Susan

ARRL Georgia Section
Section Manager: Susan K. Swiderski, AF4FO
af4fo at arrl.org
This message is being sent to you via the ARRL Members Only Web site.
If you do not want to receive further messages, go to the site at:
http://www.arrl.org/members-only/memdata.html?modify=1
Log in with your username and password and change your email options.
Unchecking the "News and information from your Division Director and
Section Manager" box will prevent messages such as this one from
being sent to you.
-- webmaster at arrl.org

--
73 - Paul    K4UJ / FS, KP2, KP4, PJ6, PJ7,VP2E, ZF2UJ